Laser dentistry allows our dentists to perform procedures more efficiently, and allows patients to experience less pain or discomfort.
On the other hand, traditional dentistry consisted of metal instruments and rotary tools used to perform dental procedures. Today, at Washington Smiles, we use dental lasers that are special, highly focused beams of light. Our dentists are trained to use these lasers, which often makes visits more comfortable for patients. Fewer office visits and less recovery time are additional benefits of laser dentistry.
Advantages of laser dentistry
- We do not have to use a drill to repair tooth decay or to place a filling.
- We can perform laser dentistry without anesthesia.
- Surgery involving the gums can be performed quickly and efficiently.
- Laser dentistry promotes fast healing.
- There is no need for needles (for anesthesia).
- Lasers can potentially increase the strength of bonding and dental fillings.
- Sensitivity experienced after surgery may be reduced.
- We can use lasers to thoroughly disinfect soft tissue and teeth.
- Children can be treated with laser dentistry, which means no drills or needles.
- Laser dentistry promotes less pain for patients.
? Which procedures can laser dentistry be used for?
- Root canal therapy
- Removing oral lesions
- Filling creation and replacements
- Gum surgery
- Children’s dentistry
- Cold sore and mouth ulcer treatment
- Certain biopsies in the mouth
- Hardening of fillings and dental bonding
- Certain professional in-office teeth whitening procedures
? Is laser dentistry safe?
Yes, laser dentistry is very safe. It has been approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) for several types of procedures, too.
If you would like to take advantage of laser dentistry and its benefits, give us a call today. Our dentists look forward to meeting you and your family.