You’ve had a headache a time or two, right? It wasn’t fun, was it? Do you know what caused your headache? Was it a lack of sleep, TMJ problems, or stress?
Sometimes doctors cannot pinpoint what causes a headache. At Washington Smiles, however, if our patients experience headaches quite frequently, we can provide treatment options depending on the cause.
TMJ and migraine treatment for migraines and headaches
You may already know that migraine headaches can be crippling. Your daily life can definitely become negatively impacted due to migraines or headaches. Well, do you know that many migraines are the result of myofascial pain?
Myofascial pain or discomfort located in the muscles that control jaw function, the neck, and the shoulders is referred to as myofascial pain. Our trained dentists at Washington Smiles can relieve your jaw, face, and headache pain with TMJ and migraine treatment.
? What causes myofascial pain?
- A dislocated jaw
- A displaced disc
- An injury to the condyle
- Degenerative joint disease (osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis) in the jaw joint
Are your headaches due to TMJ problems?
There are many symptoms associated with TMJ problems, including:
- Pain in the chewing muscles of the jaw or the jaw joint
- Limited movement of the jaw
- Locking of the jaw
- Pain in the face, neck, and/or shoulders
- Painful clicking, popping, and grating sounds when opening and closing your jaw
- A sudden and major change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
Choose Washington Smiles to treat your headaches
We offer TMJ treatment to help combat your frequent headaches. If you are interested in learning more, call Washington Smiles today to schedule your consultation appointment.