Aruna R. Rajagopalan
Dr. Aruna Rajagopalan has been practicing dentistry since 2008, and has strong values of compassion, diligence, high quality of care, and continuing education courses to expand her knowledge in dentistry, as well as health and wellness.
She was born in Chennai, India and grew up in St. Louis, Missouri where she attended Parkway North High school. She received her undergraduate degree in Chemistry from Saint Louis University, and her medical degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry.
Dr. Rajagopalan loves keeping up with the current trends in dentistry and technology by participating in continuing education courses and attending dental conferences.
When asked why she became a doctor, she replied: “Combining the knowledge of medical science with the artistic capability of my hands and getting to know her wonderful patients is incredibly rewarding.”
When asked why she is unique, Dr. Rajagopalan replied: “I think each person is unique in their own way. It is hard to answer this question because I don’t think I am any more special or unique than the next person. I will say that I am unique because I have been profoundly deaf my whole life, and have never let that get in my way in life. I have cochlear implants that help me live my life daily to the fullest.”
When she is not busy helping her patients at Washington Smiles, she enjoys spending time with her daughter, Milana, who is the joy of her life. She also enjoys reading, spending time outside, television, movies, dancing, and music.
Here are a few more fun facts about Dr. Rajagopalan:
- She has two pet cats.
- If she wasn’t a dentist, she would be a teacher for the deaf.
- Her favorite superhero is Wonder Woman (“strong, powerful woman, humanitarian”).
- Throughout her life she lived in Kansas City, MO and St. Louis, MO.
- The most exciting places she visited was Sicily and the Taj Mahal in India.
- Her favorite subjects in school: Math and Science.
- Her least favorite subject in school: English.
- If she could change anything in the world, she would create more peace and less violence.
- For volunteer work she participates in the Washington Smile Community Free Dental Day, Give Kids a Smile (they provide free dental care to children), health fairs, and dental screenings. In the past, she volunteered her dental services in Honduras with the UMKC Outreach Program.
She is currently a member of:
- American Dental Association
- Missouri Dental Association
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society
- American Academy of Oral Systemic Health
You will be thrilled to have Dr. Rajagopalan as your dentist because she creates beautiful smiles and brings patients back to their healthy, full lives (her favorite parts of being a dentist). She wants only what is best for her patients, and makes sure her patients are as comfortable as possible.