Michael D. Frede, D.D.S., R.PH.
Dr. Michael Frede has been practicing dentistry in St. Louis and Washington, Missouri for 35 years. He is a native of St. Louis and graduated from Hazelwood High School earning a University of Missouri Curators Scholarship. He has lived in North County, South County, Richmond Heights and currently O’Fallon, Missouri.
Dr. Frede received his Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry from University of Missouri-St. Louis in 1978, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. He went on to dental school at University of Missouri-Kansas City and received a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1982. In 1992 he received a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from St. Louis College of Pharmacy and graduated in the Rho Chi Honor Society and Summa Cum Laude.
Dr. Frede practiced dentistry for 10 years before taking a leave absence to pursue a pharmacy degree. After graduating he worked as a pharmacist for 8 years while practicing dentistry on a part-time basis. In 2000, he returned to dentistry full-time.
Listen to Dr. Frede's radio interview:
Dr. Frede is a member of:
- 2017 President - Missouri Dental Well Being Foundation
- American Academy of Oral Systemic Health
- American Dental Society
- Missouri Dental Association
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society
- ITI International Team for Implantology
- AAOSH – American Academy of Oral Systemic Health
Dr. Frede is proactive in continuing education and up to date on the most current and research validated procedures in dentistry.
He gives back to the community by participating in Free Dental Day held annually at Washington Smiles and by donating his time to the Missouri Mission of Mercy (MOMOM).
A few fun facts about Dr. Frede:
- He enjoys seeing the USA in his motorhome with his wife Amy and their dog Blu.
- A favorite part of traveling is biking and hiking in the state and national parks.
- If he was not a doctor, he would love to be a pro athlete, but confesses, “I lacked the physical requirements.”
- His favorite superhero is Batman.
- The most beautiful place he visited is Zion National Park. He says the natural beauty is exhilarating and cannot wait to get back there.
- His favorite subject in school: Mathematics.
- Least favorite subject in school: Foreign languages.
- His nickname is Mick.