John C. Boain, D.D.S.
Dr. John Boain is the newest addition to Washington Smiles although he has been practicing dentistry for 10 years. He believes that integrity is all you have in life. Rest assured, Dr. Boain is unconditionally committed to helping anyone, including his patients at Washington Smiles.
He received his undergraduate degree from Saint Louis University (he was born in St. Louis), and his medical degree from Creighton University where he graduated with honors. He is a Fellow with the American Academy of General Dentistry, and an Associate Fellow with the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
Dr. Boain’s areas of practice include endodontics (root canals) and dental implantology. He travels to Atlanta several times a year to learn advanced surgical implant techniques and to attend focus conferences.
He is currently a member of:
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Dental Association
- Missouri Dental Association
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society
Listen to Dr. Boain’s radio interview:
When asked why he is unique, Dr. Boain replied: “I’ve always treated people fairly. My father, and now myself, have always felt that if the patient loves you then you will never go out of business and they will keep you busy by sending their friends.
Also, I’m very analytical, so I can take something very small and make it complicated. I contribute this to keeping myself humble and never becoming cavalier about treating people. Everyone is unique and deserves to be looked at comprehensively.”
When he isn’t busy helping his patients at Washington Smiles, he enjoys spending time with his wife of 7 years and their 3 kids. They spend much of their free time watching their kids grow up and trying to cherish the time they have while they are still young.
Dr. Boain also enjoys cars and engines, hockey, baseball, working out, hunting, and motorcycles.
Here are a few more fun facts about Dr. Boain:
- He has a yellow Labrador Retriever and a cat.
- If he wasn’t a doctor, he would be an engineer or a mechanic.
- His favorite superhero is The Hulk (he always liked him growing up— “Something about how he was an average person, but had the power to overcome anything.”).
- He lived in many places including: St. Louis, MO; Omaha, NE; St. Charles, MO; and Chesterfield, MO.
- The most exciting place he visited was San Diego, CA.
- He speaks English and a little bit of Spanish.
- His favorite subject in school: Physics.
- His least favorite subject in school: Literature.
- His nickname is “anything you can twist Boain into.”
- If he could change one thing about the world, he would implement “no currency, and all value would be based on what you contributed.”
You’ll be very pleased to have Dr. Boain as your dentist because he is passionate about helping his patients and making an impact on lives. He really enjoys when someone needs his help—“their sincerity drives my compassion,” he says, which is why he became a doctor in the first place.