Cancer is a scary thing. If there is any way to detect cancer early on, chances are you’d do it. Now, with the help of the VELscope® hand-held device, oral cancer can be detected early when you see our dentists at Washington Smiles.
Get screened for oral cancer today
At Washington Smiles, you’ll be screened for oral cancer at every hygiene appointment (once every six months). Here are some details:
- We are trained and experienced to detect oral cancer in its early stages using the VELscope device.
- The VELscope allows us to detect abnormalities before they become bigger, more serious health problems. The device can detect changes in tissue and tissue abnormalities.
- The VELscope is the most widely used device to detect oral cancer, bacterial infections, inflammations, tumors, oral disease, and other mucosal conditions.
- The VELscope can also detect cancerous and pre-cancerous abnormalities.
- In addition to using the VELscope, our dentists will perform a head and neck examination to help us detect any health issues related to oral cancer.
- Using the VELscope for a routine oral cancer exam takes only two minutes, and it is harmless and painless.
Detecting oral cancer early on is critical to significantly decrease the chances of lengthy, invasive treatments, while increasing the chances of oral cancer survival. As a matter of fact, if detected early on, oral cancer has an 80-90% chance of being cured.
Oral cancer screenings at Washington Smiles
It is always best to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to your health. That’s why we offer oral cancer screenings at our office.
If you would like to schedule your appointment, call Washington Smiles today or fill out the contact form on our website.